How it works:
1. Click on the instrument/focus of your choice.
2. You’ll be prompted to choose your lessons duration: 15 min (for children under 5yrs of age), 30 min, 45 min, or one hour. Most folks start off with 30 min.
3. Next, you’ll choose a teacher. If you’re booking a lesson for a child, notice that some artists teach only adults.
4. You’ll book a trial lesson. You’ll be prompted to register and pay, and then your lesson is reserved.
5. After your trial lesson, you’ll have the option to continue weekly in that same time slot.
The Front Porch strives to make music instruction available to everyone who wants to learn. Scholarship applications and rental instruments are available using the icons at the bottom of the page.
Do you have specific skills or a repertoire you’d like to focus on?
Our dedicated teaching artists will provide one-on-one help, in a safe, supportive, and fun way! Learn more about the philosophy behind The Front Porch’s approach to teaching.
“The Front Porch is such an incredible resource for our community! There is little that does more to calm the nervous system and engage your full brain than playing a musical instrument.”
“I have never seen music taught in such a loving and supportive way. I wish The Front Porch was around when I was a kid!”
–Marcy, Front Porch Parent
My daughter loves your class! After the first class she said “Mom, I’ve met my people! I feel happier than I’ve felt in a really long time!” She practiced all week, thanked me every day for finding the class and wrote her song. The positive power of music!
— Brandon D.
“After playing for a few years my understanding of music really opened up after only three lessons. I was introduced to artists whose styles make me feel more alive. I’m grateful for all the Front Porch does!”