- This event has passed.
Musikgarten for Babies – Molly Murphy
May 1 @ 11:15 am - 11:45 am
An event every week that begins at 11:15 am on Wednesday, repeating until May 29, 2019
Description: Designed for parents and their babies to take together, these weekly classes help you learn how to play musically with your baby. Each class features bouncing and rocking songs, wiggle and peek-a-boo games, and other fun activities for the two (or more) of you. When you go home, you can continue the fun with a superb CD recorded by a fine children’s choir and outstanding instrumentalists. Using your parent guidebook along with rhythm sticks, a Musikgarten rattle, and colorful scarf will give you both hours of enjoyment. We spend our 30 minute class singing, chanting, moving, dancing, listening, and playing simple instruments– all activities that bridge the natural connection between music and movement for coordination, body awareness and control. (www.musikgarten.org)
Prerequisite: None! This class will be starting students from scratch.
- Increases your baby’s curiosity about music
- Develops listening skills and a sense of beat
- Establishes a foundation for singing and musical thought
- Helps you form a closer bond with your baby
- Gives you and your baby a chance to interact with other parents and babies
What students will need:
- Additional $40 family package of materials required for this class. The packages include a scarf, a set of rhythm sticks or other percussion instrument, and a choice of a digital download or a CD of music with a book from that session’s curriculum. Material fee can be paid directly to the instructor on the first day of classes.
Next Level: Musikgarten for Toddlers