The Front Porch is hiring!
The Front Porch is a non-profit community music school with over 400 students (kids and adults) and 30 teaching artists. We offer private lessons, group class sessions (varying from 4-12 weeks in length), and camps throughout the year. We are seeking an Enrollment Manager to help manage our teaching artists and student’s day to day schedule.
This role is a wonderful position for candidates with an interest in arts and education sectors who have strong written and oral communication skills and enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The Enrollment Manager will manage all aspects of the registration process, maintain student and teaching schedules, and track payments. The Enrollment Manager collaborates with faculty and staff on programming needs, and is the first point of contact for many of our families. While previous interest in music, the arts, or non-profit sector is a plus, any candidate with attention to detail, strong customer service skills and a willingness to learn could thrive in this role. Like all roles at The Front Porch, there is significant investment in professional development training, mentorship from senior staff, and opportunity for future promotion within the organization.
Summary Of Position
Status: Full-Time Salaried (40 hours/week), Exempt, $40-45K annually
Start Date: July 2023
Schedule: Hybrid, Sunday – Thursday. In person office hours required Monday – Thursday 2pm – 8pm.
Reports to: Music School Director
Works Closely With: Music School Director, Teaching staff
Benefits include health and dental insurance
- Interact with the public, families, and students in a professional and welcoming manner
- Answer phone calls and emails and provide customer support
- Register students for music instruction, group classes, and camps
- Manage registration office operations
- Maintain accurate program offerings in registration software
- Resolve schedule conflicts in a timely manner
- Allocate teaching studios according to instrument and space needs
- Collect tuition and record transactions and adjustments
- Track delinquent accounts and send correspondence for tuition payment
- Liaise between faculty and students / families in regards to the schedule
- Strong background in front-facing customer service and office management, such as professional experience managing a high volume of customers, upholding company policies and procedures, maintaining accurate records, and/or utilizing technology to optimize administrative procedures
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and effectively prioritizes tasks to maximize workflow
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Manages change and balances shifting priorities
- Ability to create a culturally competent and inclusive environment
- Motivated and can work independently as well as collaboratively across teams
- Knowledge of Google Apps
- Experience in CRM software
- Experience in arts administration and/or school environment
- A passion for music and the arts
While performing the duties of this job, the person in this position must be able to to remain in a stationary position 50-75% of the time. They will need to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. They will also need to exchange information accurately with families and recognize and identify different forms of acceptable payments, including cash, check, and credit card. At times, there is heavy lifting or moving of studio equipment and furniture.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 13th
- A cover letter which addresses your capabilities, experiences, and interests
- A current resume or CV
- Names and contact information for at least three (3) references from within the past 5 years, indicating your relationship with each
Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is key to innovation and excellence. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to work at The Front Porch. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Front Porch considers all candidates equally without regard to age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or other non-merit factors.
We hire professional teaching artists from a variety of musical backgrounds and genres. We love building long-term relationships with our students. We value our warm-hearted, friendly atmosphere, and our mission of connecting everyone through music.
Perks of teaching at The Front Porch:
- We provide comprehensive administrative support. You be the artist; we’ll take care of the rest.
- We provide a ton of teaching resources: full curriculums for group classes, libraries of chord charts, notated music, and pre-recorded instructional videos.
- We schedule regular opportunities to engage with other teaching artists as well as teacher trainings and other professional development opportunities.
- You can take any of our group classes for free!
- You’re an employee, not a contractor.
- Maintaining 25+ hours/week qualifies you for health/dental insurance.
- Our school schedule mirrors that of the local public schools, so winter and spring breaks are built in.
- We pay our teachers as professionals: $43-65/ hour wages.
If you are interested in teaching at The Front Porch, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
HEAR WHAT OUR TEACHERS HAVE TO SAY:
on the ease of scheduling.
on teaching and performing.
on teaching group lessons.