- This event has passed.
Mandolin – Beginner I (Thursdays) with Marty Collin
Jan 9 @ 6:45 pm - 7:40 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:45 pm on Thursday, repeating until Mar 26, 2020
Price: $312 for 12 weeks
Description: This introductory is perfect for first time mandolin players! Students will be taught foundational skills in technique, learn their first tunes, and be immersed in the culture of traditional music by learning to play with others in a fun, and positive environment. A few times throughout the semester, this class will join other beginner classes to hone group playing skills such as chopping and playing with accompaniment.
Prerequisite: None! This class will be starting students from scratch. Folks with a little prior experience but with only a tune or two under their belt may join this class as well.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Boil ‘em Cabbage Down, Cripple Creek, Long Journey Home (other material may also be used)
- Technique: Holding the mandolin, pick grip, simple alternating picking, open chords
- Group playing skills: Playing with back-up, chopping, strumming open chords,
What students will need:
- Functional mandolin (bridge and all 8 strings intact, all tuners in working order)
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Mandolin – Beginner II
If paying in full doesn’t work for your budget, you can pay in monthly installments. Pay for your first month below, and we’ll send an invoice for the remaining payments.