- This event has passed.
Guitar 2A for Teens & Adults – Eric Knutson
May 6 @ 5:00 pm - 5:55 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Monday, repeating until May 30, 2019
Description: This class is a continuation of Guitar 1B. Students will really be ramping up their guitar skills in this class! In addition to some fun new, more advanced tunes, students will learn some other new tricks, such as playing in 3/4 time, new back-up techniques, and some new chords. This class will also take a look at some very simple theory and site reading.
Prerequisite: Guitar 1B or equivalent. Equivalent skills include the ability to play a handful of tunes, such as Cripple Creek, Cluck Old Hen, Old Joe Clark, and Two Dollar Bill, independently with steady rhythm.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Lonesome Road Blues, John Hardy, Cumberland Gap (core curriculum; and any other tunes students/teachers select)
- Technique: Basic scales, simple dynamics
- Group playing skills: rhythm/back-up playing, playing with back-up
What students will need:
- Functional guitar (bridge, strings, and tuners intact and in working order)
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Guitar 2B