- This event has passed.
Guitar – Intermediate I (Wednesdays) with Dan Sebring
Jan 8 @ 5:30 pm - 6:25 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until Mar 25, 2020
Description: Students will really be ramping up their guitar skills in this class! In addition to some fun new, more advanced tunes, students will learn some other new tricks, such as playing in 3/4 time, new back-up techniques, and some new chords. This class will also take a look at some very simple theory and site reading. A few times throughout the semester, this class will join other beginner classes to hone group playing skills such as chopping and playing with accompaniment.
Prerequisites: Guitar Beginner II or equivalent. Equivalent skills include the ability to play a handful of tunes, such as Soldier’s Joy, Old Joe Clark, and Red Haired Boy independently with steady rhythm as well as play a simple “boom chuck” rhythm. Feel free to ask for guidance regarding placement before registering for a class.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Whiskey Before Breakfast, Wildwood Flower, Old Spinning Wheel (other similar tunes may also be used)
- Technique: playing out of C position, more advanced string changes
- Group playing skills: bass runs for chord transitions and extra flare
What students will need:
- Functional guitar (bridge, strings, and tuners intact and in working order)
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Guitar – Intermediate II