Guitar 1A for Kids 9-12yrs – Larry Kent
May 2 @ 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:15pm on Thursday, repeating until May 30, 2019
Description: This introductory guitar class is for kids ages 9-12 and is perfect for first time guitar players! Students will be taught foundational skills in technique, learn their first tunes, and be immersed in the culture of traditional music by learning to play with others in a fun, and positive environment.
Prerequisite: None! This class will be starting students from scratch. Kids with a little prior experience but with only a tune or two under their belt may join this class as well.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Boil ‘em Cabbage Down (core curriculum; and any other tunes students/teachers select)
- Technique: Holding the guitar, holding a pick, simple pick strokes
- Group playing skills: playing with accompaniment, strumming simple chords, and playing in the keys of A & G
What students will need:
- Functional guitar (bridge, 5 strings, and tuners intact and in working order)
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Guitar 1B for Kids