Girl Band for Kids 9-12yrs with Devon Sproule
Sep 28 @ 9:00 am - 9:45 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until Dec 21, 2019
Description: Pop & rock’n’roll band class for young women! We will be improving our skills as singers and/or instrumentalists. We will also be working on our ability to communicate and collaborate as musicians. Focus will be on learning songs that the band is interested in, and on writing our own.
Prerequisite:Some experience (and enthusiasm!) with an instrument, singing, or songwriting required.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Our repertoire will be based on the band members’ interests. Last year was current pop songs and original pop material. Classic/traditional folk and rock also welcome and encouraged!
- Technique: Improving instrument/voice skills. Playing by ear. Improvising.
- Group playing skills: Listening and playing simultaneously. Communication and collaboration. Group decision-making with teacher facilitation.
- Other: Guidance and advice for those interested in pursuing careers in the music business – performance, writing, jingles, sound engineering, teaching, etc.
What students will need:
- Functional instrument, kids will need to be fitted for their instruments
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Ensemble/Repertoire classes, private lessons