- This event has passed.
**SOLD OUT** Fiddle – Beginner II (Tuesdays) with Malia Furtado
Jan 7 @ 5:30 pm - 6:25 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Mar 24, 2020
Price: $312 for 12 weeks
Description: This class is a continuation of Beginner I. This class will introduce beginner students to new bowing patterns techniques such as simple 2 and 3-note slurs and common bowing patterns. We’ll also explore some different types of tunes such as waltzes and will continue to build group playing skills by learning to play long-bow back up and simple chord changes.
A few times throughout the semester, this class will join other beginner classes to hone group playing skills such as chopping and playing with accompaniment.
Prerequisite: Fiddle – Beginner I or equivalent. Equivalent might include the ability to play a few very simple tunes at a slow but consistent tempo. Feel free to ask for guidance regarding placement before registering.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: 8th of January, Tombigbee Waltz, and Faded Love (additional material may also be included or used instead)
- Technique: 2 and 3-note slurs, basic bowing patterns such as the “bum-ditty” shuffle and introduction to a slow Nashville Shuffle
- Group playing skills: long bow accompaniment with chord changes
What students will need:
- Functional fiddle, size 4/4
- Fiddles should have: bridge, strings, sound post, all tuners in tact
- Bow (with all the hair)
- Shoulder rest
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Fiddle – Intermediate I
If paying in full doesn’t work for your budget, you can pay in monthly installments. Pay for your first month below, and we’ll send an invoice for the remaining payments.