- This event has passed.
Fiddle – Beginner II for Ages 7-8yrs (Mondays) with Malia Furtado
Jan 6 @ 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Monday, repeating until Mar 30, 2020
Price: $276 for 12 weeks
Description: This class is a continuation of Fiddle Beginner I for Kids Ages 7-8. In this level, students will continue to learn to play new rhythms and melodies popular in different folk traditions. This class uses singing, games, and other activities to help children internalize new material. Students will have the opportunity to practice playing tunes solo, as well as in a group, and to play with guitar accompaniment.
Parent participation is crucial to the your child’s musical development. Your knowledge of practice assignments, enthusiasm and support empowers your child and greatly helps to improve home practice and mastery of new material. Parents are asked to attend the last 10 minutes of class.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Boil ’em Cabbage Down, Hot Cross Buns, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (other similar pieces may also be used)
- Technique: reinforcing basic technique: bow hold, fiddle hold, bowing arm, and left hand position
- Group playing skills: How to kick-off and end a tune (Taters + shave and a hair cut), playing in unison
What students will need:
- Functional fiddle (kids will need to be fitted for their instruments)
- Fiddles should have: bridge, strings, sound post, all tuners in tact
- Shoulder rest
- Bow (with all the hair)
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Fiddle – Intermediate I
If paying in full doesn’t work for your budget, you can pay in monthly installments. Pay for your first month below, and we’ll send an invoice for the remaining payments.