- This event has passed.
Fiddle – Intermediate I (Wednesdays) with Malia Furtado
Jan 8 @ 5:30 pm - 6:25 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Monday, repeating until Mar 25, 2020
Price: $312 for 12 weeks
Description: This class is a continuation of Beginner II. Students will really be ramping up their fiddling skills in this class! In addition to some fun new, more advanced tunes, students will learn some other new tricks such as playing a the Georgia Shuffle and some simple double-stops – in tunes and in back-up.
A few times throughout the semester, this class will join other beginner classes to hone group playing skills such as chopping and playing with accompaniment.
Prerequisite: Fiddle Beginner II or equivalent. Equivalent would be the ability to play a a number of simple tunes with simple slurs and playing comfortably with accompaniment. Feel free to ask for guidance regarding placement before registering.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: June Apple, Old Joe Clark (fancier variation) and any other tunes students/teachers select
- Technique: more advanced bowing patterns, introduction to the Georgia Shuffle, simple double stops
- Group playing skills: using double-stops in back up and following chord changes
What students will need:
- Functional fiddle, size 4/4
- Fiddles should have: bridge, strings, sound post, all tuners in tact
- Bow (with all the hair)
- Shoulder rest
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Fiddle – Intermediate II
If paying in full doesn’t work for your budget, you can pay in monthly installments. Pay for your first month below, and we’ll send an invoice for the remaining payments.