- This event has passed.
Cancelled – Fiddle 2A for Teens and Adults – Malia Furtado
February 11 @ 7:00 pm - 7:55 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00pm on Monday, repeating until March 25, 2019
Description: This class is a continuation of Fiddle 1B. Students will really be ramping up their fiddling skills in this class! In addition to some fun new, more advanced tunes, students will learn some other new tricks such as playing a basic shuffle – in tunes and in back-up, will learn some new long-bow chords – new bowing patterns, and playing on the G string. This class will also take a look at some very simple theory and site reading.
Prerequisite: Fiddle 1B or equivalent.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Cumberland Gap, Old Joe Clark, Rocky Road Blues, Worried Man Blues, Angelina Baker (core curriculum; and any other tunes students/teachers select)
- Technique: Playing on the G string, 2 octave/first position scales (A, D, G), slurring, syncopation (Angelina Baker), simple dynamics
- Group playing skills: Shuffle back-up, learning more about chords (continue chopping, playing with back-up, long-bow back-up)
What students will need:
- Functional fiddle, size 4/4
- Fiddles should have: bridge, strings, sound post, all tuners in tact
- Bow (with all the hair)
- Shoulder rest
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Fiddle 2B