- This event has passed.
Fiddle 1A for Kids Ages 7-8yrs – Malia Furtado
April 23 @ 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:15pm on Monday, repeating until May 28, 2019
Description: This introductory fiddle class is perfect for first time fiddlers! Students will be taught foundational skills in technique, learn their first fiddle tunes, and be immersed in the culture of traditional music by learning to play with others in a fun, and positive environment.
*Parents are required to attend a 1hr orientation for this class on 4/28/2019 from 3pm – 4pm. Parents will also be required to sit in on the class several times through out the semester.
Prerequisite: None! This class will be starting students from scratch. Kids with a little prior experience but with only a tune or two under their belt may join this class as well.
What Students will Leave this class having learned:
- Tunes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Boil ‘em Cabbage Down (core curriculum; and any other tunes students/teachers select)
- Technique: Bow hold, fiddle hold, fingering hand position, playing posture
- Group playing skills: playing with back-up, chopping, playing in the keys of A & D
What students will need:
- Functional fiddle, kids will need to be fitted for their instruments
- Fiddles should have: bridge, strings, sound post, all tuners in tact
- Bow (with all the hair)
- Shoulder rest
- Notebook & pencil
- Recording device optional
Next Level: Fiddle 1B