The Front Porch is hiring!
The Operations Director position offers the opportunity to work inside a dynamic and developing creative organization. The Front Porch, a roots music school located in the heart of Downtown Charlottesville, seeks someone who loves community building, enjoys interacting with the public, and is motivated by the mission-driven work of helping to manage and grow a non-profit organization.
The Operations Director is responsible for the day to day functions of TFP. This includes staff management, client relations, and facilities management to ensure smooth daily operations and a high level of customer care.
- Plans, manages, and executes processes associated with enrollment in classes and special events.
- Answers the Front Porch phone and email during work hours to enroll and schedule students and communicate with the Front Porch teaching faculty to let them know of new students and/or changes to teaching schedules.
- Maintains the Front Porch database.
- Works collaboratively with the teaching faculty to develop new music programs and improve existing programs.
- Develops and implements systems to measure and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to guide the formation of classes, workshops, and concerts.
- Develops strong working relationships with teaching artists by communicating about registration, scheduling and placement issues.
- Works with faculty to ensure studio equipment and space is well-maintained.
- Coordinates rental contracts, collects fees, and maintains facility rental schedule.
- Works with the Executive Director, board, and volunteers to plan and execute special events.
- Assists with executing a marketing plan, including sending out press releases, posting to social media, sending emails, developing print materials, and helping distribute materials.
- Represents The Front Porch at public events and festivals as needed.
Qualifications: Ability to work independently and flexibly in a dynamic customer-focused and team-based environment. Customer care orientation and skill, ability to multi-task, openness and flexibility to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed. Additional accounting, small business management or financial management background a plus. Must be a team player, able to work well with a diverse constituency, and successfully manage multiple priorities in a resource-constrained environment. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent required. Musical background preferred.
30 hours/ week
Submit a resume, cover letter, and two references by July 1 to email@example.com.